So I started tracking my blog traffic. Who knew? I thought a few of my friends, those that love me anyway, were the ones reading here. Within a couple of days, I had over 400 hits…..from all over the world. Who knew?Then I added an email address. I’ve begun to get emails from all over the world about their pursuit of BLISS based on ponderings in my blog. Who knew?
I also have had the honor of receiving emails with stories. Lots of stories. Lots and lots and lots of stories about surviving psychological and emotional abuse at the hands of a narcissist. Who knew?
When I was first coming to grips with what my relationships were based on, I was alone. I didn’t have anyone in my life that understood. I had never even heard of narcissism, where it came from , what it was based on, or how to survive it and recognize it so that I don’t have to encounter it again.
In two years, my life has been filled with people met online and in person, who have suffered and survived. It has been amazing. In two years, I have learned more about this psychological/personality disorder than I ever could have imagined. In two years, I have healed from the most emotionally devastating experience of my life at the hands of a narcissist.
If you are suffering, know that you are not alone. I answer every email. If nothing else, I will stand with you while you pick yourself up.
BLISS is my word for the year. I am learning about it every day. I believe, based on what I have studied about this word, that everyone is capable of having BLISS in their life. BLISS is multi-faceted like a diamond. I believe that to live in that BLISS, one must be chiseled and formed much like a diamond.
My life, and specifically the last five years, has been a chiseling of some sort. I gotta tell you, it sucked.
And yet, here I am.
BLISS….what a great word!



2 comments:
It's so wonderful to hear how positive this experience has been for you!
Thank you Miss Jeeves. Honestly, this woman could be my sister. We are so much alike.
It has been really healing!
Post a Comment