
Ok, so we've established that today is whining day.....
Although I just went and made a payment on the new house, somehow that made me feel a whole lot better. I was inside of it and will be picking up the keys tomorrow morning. I could smell resolution somehow.....
Back to BLISS.....
Step 3: Recruit a support squad.
For me, loneliness has long bee a part of my personal story. I've always done everything alone because I've pretty much always been alone even when I'm in a relationship. This year, I've developed relationships that would have otherwise not valued. I have a group of friends. We call ourselves the TOW Ring and we work really hard to support each other no matter what. Diverse backgrounds and insane stories aside, I have really enjoyed this group of women.
I am also making contact again with a woman that I consider my dearest friend. She lives 3000 miles away and we've lost contact over the years, but we are both reach out to the other right now. I know I can support her and she has a history of supporting me. I value her deeply.
At work, I have one friend. She and I can laugh about everything that seems to go on there. We have been known to make a funny at the most inappropriate times. It's important to go THERE sometimes.
A support squad is vitally important. Good friends can bring you calm and peace. Good friends can help you see that the direction you are going isn't the right one. Good friends will help you celebrate your BLISS.
Thank goodness that on days like today, I have my support squad in place.



8 comments:
Laughing is the best cure . Period.
I didn't know today was whining day! Shoot. And it's 10:40 p.m. here and I didn't get to whine all day. ;o)
Sounds like you've got a kick-butt group of friends! That's awesome.
Always remember the people around you are there to love and support you...in my dark moments I didn't want to burden others with my life. In sharing our stories, we are finding true strength.
Hugs around.
Lori
Everyone should be blessed enough to have a group of friends they can share all things with. YOu sound very well supported.
You must be getting excited!! I would be crazy unglued at this point waiting to get in.
Laughter cures all. LAUGH MY FRIEND LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW!
Support Squad, is a must in life these days. Even if everyone in your group doesn't give you the same advice. Its good to have. They all have great ideas to help you on your life's journey.
One of my friends that is in my Squad, says "You cannot pick your family, but you can pick your friends." Friends are in most cases more to me than family.
A support squad is so important, and it sounds like you have a great one. :-D
I agree, it's been the most stressful, dire times of my life that showed me who my real friends were. People stepped up that I would never have dreamed would, and people I would have bet the house would be there for me, were not (and conspicuous by their absence).
And surprisingly a lot of the time my own damn family was in the latter group.
The other thing I had to learn to do (and believe me it was hard, because I'm so independent) was learning to reach out to people and ask for help...or to accept it when it's offered. I cannot TELL you how hard that was for me. I still don't really like it, but it's easier for me to do now, and I've realized most of the time, what I'm doing is giving a gift to someone who really WANTS to help. In letting them do so, they're happier.
Post a Comment