
What will you do for love?
I am still in the process of defining what I will do for love, as I am only a year no contact and re-evaluating not only what I will do for love, but the very definition of love. It has been a long process of evolutionary growth that has involved a lot of introspection and reconciling the past with what will soon be the future.
I do however know what I will not do for "love".
I will not let another person take what I thought was intimacy and commitment and turn it into a mockery by sharing herself with someone else after proclaiming things like "you are a man so far beyond anything I could ever deserve" and "you are the only man I have ever loved, dreamed of and wanted". I have come to the conclusion that at that point, a woman should not be having sex with other men.
I will not put my body at risk by being with a person like that, that could possibly catch a disease and introduce it to me.
I won't "compete" with every loser source of narcissistic supply she locks onto on a whim and subject myself to the endless triangulation that ultimately occurs.
I will not compromise MY dreams, goals, and values to another person that is an empty shell, and lacks the fundamental ability to even value anything, let alone another person. Life is too short and my dreams, goals, and values too important to sacrifice to a parasite that would jeopardise them.
I will not tolerate lies, manipulation, and endless deception. Not one minute of my life is worth having to deal with that nonsense - ever.
I won't hold onto someone that has no purpose in life other than to feed off other people (for attention, money, acknowledgement) and use them without mercy.I will not sacrifice my values to a person that twists reality, distorts the truth, and lacks any character.
I won't waste another single day on any of that craziness and will run as fast as I can in the opposite direction when I encounter it.
Love is a powerful force when it is experienced and shared with a healthy person that respects you, shares your values, and treats you like a human being.Love has existed as a defining emotion in the history of mankind, dating back to the beginning of time and is a driving force in almost all of a normal human being's actions. And not just passionate, romantic love, but love for family, children, and all that goes along with it - empathy and compassion. It is why we are all here, continuing to wake up every morning, and continuing on in the battle called life.
In a world where man is capable of so many atrocities, love is the only thing that has held mankind together over the course of countless centuries. And that is why we must all pursue healing.



3 comments:
Wow! There are so many truths in this post, I can't begin to count them! Thanks for sharing.
and thanks for visiting my blog!
Its certainly hard to think of ever trusting anyone again.
Thank you for sharing that. I'm still trying to answer this question myself. I honestly don't know if I will ever be able to love again, but thanks to inspirational pieces like this, I know that I deserve to try.
Post a Comment