Saturday, August 22, 2009

Jumpstart to BLISS - Part II


So focusing on BLISS because if I think too much about the dysfunction today, I think my head will explode...

Looking at BLISS as something to be experienced and achieved, there is a ton of written stuff explaining how to get into a place to receive BLISS. While I think that BLISS is something that you "find" and "experience", if you aren't ready to "receive" it and "recognize" it....well I, for one, think I am at risk of missing the boat.

This last couple of weeks, my reading has taken me through several steps on how to get ready to find your BLISS....to jumpstart the process, so to speak. So here we go....get ready....

Step 1: Dissect your past so you can direct your future.

I have a hard time viewing what the status of my life without the filter of my past. Problem is my past is filled with disordered people and what I hear in my self-talk is often much more negative than it needs to be. I own that which I have been told to own whether I should or not. We all do until we get to a place where we say ENOUGH.

My reluctance to see a situation as it is, or as it once was, doesn't change the circumstances, it just makes it harder for me to see how it has shaped me.

My past is filled with people telling me I wasn't good enough and that I would never have what I wanted because I didn't deserve it. THEY WERE WRONG. They are wrong now. Those situations were wrong. Still, it impacts my now.

For years, I made excuses for my mother's behaviors and her blaming me for being a disappointment. She had a "hard" life and sometimes I was a disappointment. She was the beginning of my life, but still her blaming me for her hard life was wrong. I was a child and she liked being the victim. It wasn't my fault. I don't have to own that anymore.

Being able to clearly look at my past and see it for what it was without making excuses for their behavior is what will rewrite my future.


Step 2: I need to link internal clarity with external action.

I am failing at this step in my life right now. I can clearly see what my life has been and how I need to change, still moving to the external action part seems to be escaping me at the moment. While I see what needs to be done, life still seems to be as dysfunctional as ever even though I KNOW I'm moving forward.

I don't want movement for the sake of motion if I don't know where I'm going. That has been the basis of my life for years. Movement to please everyone else is just motion.....and it's not forward.

It is the linking of internal clarity with external action that will be the cornerstone of my transformation. I know that. I know that. I know that. That link will create insight to know where I want to go and the action steps to get me there.

More to follow.....I just need to ponder it for a bit.

No comments: