Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pain Upon Pain


The thing about narcissists is that they must do the same thing, the same way every time. They don’t have the ability or thought process to vary their emotions because they don’t have any emotions. Their pattern remains the same each and every time.

In September, I will be narcissist free for two years. TWO YEARS. It has taken that long to breath and feel normal again. Even now, I wake up sometimes and feel like I’ve lost a huge chunk of my life and myself.

Yesterday, I had the privilege of meeting another one of his victims. She is intelligent, articulate, and beautiful. She was in a vulnerable stage in her life when she met him and she continued on with him because she loved him with a pure heart and intended to keep every promise she ever made to him.

I saw myself in her….where I was two years ago. I feel like I went through that time alone and in pain. I promised myself then that I would never turn one of his victims away should she try to contact me.

She loved him just as I loved him. She was promised a life with him just as I was. She gave him everything she had, just as I did. Asshat!

She has been used and destroyed in exactly the same manner as I was. It broke my heart to hear her story. I do give her credit though. She was able to keep her children out of the mix. She protected them from him. I did not. I envied that about her.

Narcissists do the same thing, the same way every time. Why? Because it works for them. It breaks my heart every time. He has a new woman in his life. She has known him about three months. I believe in a few months, I’ll be sitting down for a drink with her too. Sad isn’t it.

1 comment:

miss j said...

It's interesting how different your story and mine are!

The other woman who approached me wound up sending me dozens of emails that were meant to hurt me and take me down. "For the record..."

I didn't let her and now her emails go to trash.

It was horrible and reopened very painful wounds.

Maybe if more time had elapsed, she would have been kinder... I don't know. I know I don't want anything to do with her.

What's really unfortunate is that her story made me go back and review mine... and really there were so many good memories and I'm devastated by losing him ... all over again. Ai ai ai!