Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Precious BLISS

2009 Word of the Year - BLISS

I choose one word every year to study, this year it is BLISS......


This picture came up when I "googled" Precious BLISS. I think BLISS must be precious or so many people wouldn't be seeking it. I also think that BLISS can be cold and hot at the same time. What may excite us and bring us closer can also leave us full of anxiety and fear.

Christian believers often think that BLISS is something to be attained afterlife and when they are completely delivered into heaven.

Buddhists believe that BLISS is part of the tantra and something that comes with emptiness.

Most folks think that BLISS is some thing that will bring such fulfilled joy into their lives that they will feel as if life is complete.

Still others see BLISS as moments captured quickly.

I think BLISS is precious and free flowing. What brings me much joy right now, may be transient. What I might capture as my BLISS in this moment, may not in the next.

My circumstances right now are a tad precarious. I am "unemployed" in the traditional sense. Last night, I had my first panic attack about it. I believe that it will not be my last.

I have my writing to fall back on, but doing it full time is a scary thing.

My children want me to work my life in such a way that I am home more. Quite frankly, I would like to do that too. But do I trust myself enough to do that and do I believe enough in my own skills to launch something like that without driving myself crazy?

By my definition of BLISS, I have so much in my life. I have a home I love and a family that loves me to the moon. Do I trust my God enough to sustain us through my BLISS of writing or do I need to find an employer?

Last week, Reminator and I were talking about my being home more and how much everyone liked it. I asked him for suggestions about how I could work what I do part-time into full-time. He said, "How's that book coming?" and I shrugged.

Writing is my BLISS. My BLISS is precious to me. Life has presented the opportunity to launch something new and wonderful.

Which brings me to my point.....

When BLISS is so very precious, but scares the living daylights out of you....how do you pursue it? Something to ponder....I plan to do quite a bit of it in the next few days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first step, PRAY.

Second, either pick up a pen or type on your boardboard the premiss of your book.

Third. Write one paragraph and leave it for a day. Unless the urge strikes you overwhelmingly, don't go near for 24 hours. After, type another paragraph. Keep doing this until it flows....

Fourth, let me know how it goes for you and trust in the mouths of babe's. They are often more truthful than we are to ourselves.

Hugs. Tammy

KK said...

Love your posts about bliss. And I have so much fun feeding your fish :)

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

I hope you plan to write more about this (I assume you will). Very fascinating.