Monday, July 27, 2009

A Corn Dog Reminder

This weekend has been troubling at best. I took today off so we, as a family, could deal with the death of our beloved pet. Not an easy feat. Seems that someone is always in tears or at least on the verge.

Diesel was just a puppy to us and we were expecting to have many happy, wonderful years with him. Hard to let that go. We will miss him for a long time.

We have discussed what to do with his ashes. We have talked about what we will miss.

So many things really.

I have also been dealing with people that seem to mean me, and others that I love dearly, harm. I have come to the conclusion that once again, even though I made mistakes and have apologized, the only recourse I really have is to hold my head up high and exit stage left all the while clinging to those that love me. I hate that. I always wonder why people destroy others to feel better about themselves. It grieves me to the core.

So tonight, in anticipation of returning to work tomorrow, I went to bed "early". Ok, it was 10 pm.

I was laying in the heat wishing an Arctic blast, when in popped 10 year old Super Sam.

He said, "Mom, you haven't eaten enough today". He had a corn dog complete with ketchup and mayo. In his other hand, he had water. "You need to eat something especially if you are going to work tomorrow".

He checked on me several times to see if I was eating. I finally said, "Do you think I'm not going to eat what you make me?"

He "reminded" me that I don't like corn dogs and he was afraid I'd feed it to the dog.

I have people in my life who love me. Adds immensely to my BLISS. Cruel, misdirected people will always be in the world. I will make mistakes again and again. People and animals that I love will die. But, being reminded once more that I am loved and there are people in my life that worry about me is a priceless gift.

So back to bed with me...too hot and now with a flaming case of indigestion all because of a very special corn dog reminder. The thing is, it was the most delicious meal I've had in forever.

3 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee said...

That's a sweet baby you got there to think of you!
Was worth the heartburn wasn't it! LOL

Kimmy @ kimmythingy said...

Your son sounds just so thoughtful. What a sweetheart.
He knows that Mama needs to put herself first sometimes too. So easier said than done though, right!?

My heart said...

What a doll! That is so sweet, my son is the first one to pick me up when I am down and he is 5. He always says Mommy bad people will go away sometime but for now I'm all you need! Makes me tear up everytime. Hang in there.
It always gets worse before it gets better.