It still amazes me how many people in the world actually leech off of others. My electric, water, and gas meter service both my home and my neighbors. They now owe me $3000 for electric and water since January.
As for the gas, it is in their name, which would be why it was turned off a month ago and will not go back on until they pay the back debt. Living without hot water sucks.
The husband told me he would pay me $800 last night. Didn't happen. A drip in the bucket of the $3000 debt, but whatever.
If I don't pay theirs, mine gets turned off. So pay theirs I do.
I went downstairs this morning to collect the promised $800. He wasn't there. The sister of the wife was there. She started calling me every name in the book.
I don't understand why on earth people go through life thinking they are entitled to take from others. When I called the husband, he got all indignant with me as if I was trying to take something that wasn't mine.
I turned the electricity off to their place at my breakers. I immediately got a phone call to call me names and demand that I turn it back on.
Hello? All I could think to say is, "I can't afford to support your crack head family, it's just not my problem anymore".
I have no doubt that they will turn off the water now as the master switch is in their home.
I was buying this house through a rent to own program. Taking possession of it this coming December. The lady who was selling it has not paid her mortgage since last November. I got notice last month that the house was being foreclosed on. I will not be taking possession of the house in December.
When I talked last to her she said, "I won't be paying you back any of the money as its long gone". She hasn't answered her phone in more than two months. I won't be paying any more rent until she does.
The thing is, I was paying extra to cover my utilities and she was supposed to be paying it. She wasn't. Everything went off in March requiring that I pay all the back debt to get it on...hence the paying all the utilities since January after having paid $2000 a month for rent and utilities.
I'm looking for a house to move. Not an easy thing as everyone wants first, last, and deposit. About $6000. Overwhelms me to just think about it.
I guess I just have to wonder why I seem to have so many of these takers infecting my life so often the last few years. Why is there such a sense of entitlement and the rude indignation when I won't provide what is being demanded of me.
I am terrified that I am going to lose my ability to be empathetic. I am terrified that I won't give a crap about anyone but my family pretty soon.
Not a good start to my day. Stupid people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Unbelievable. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this.
People and their sense of entitlement - yes. As you would say, "'Nuff said!"
They connected to your power, water and gas? WOW. You can call the water company and let them know. I know it's punishable by a huge fine and jail time.
Post a Comment