Took the kids out for dinner. Quite an easy way to kill a hundred bucks. We sat there waiting for our food. Conversation went like this as it arrived.
FooFoo (13yo): Why are you so quiet Mom?
Me: Don't know sweets, I know I'm really tired tonight.
Reminator (19yo): Well could it be that you are of the age to be a grandma but you keep acting like you are in your early thirties? Could it be that you've injured your hip rafting because you keep acting like you are much younger than you are? Could it be because you work full-time and come home to four kids who all want your attention and because you try to make sure everyone gets what they need you don't rest until everyone is in bed? Could it be because you lost a dog that you loved this week and don't think we haven't heard you crying? Could it be that you need to lose weight, or that you haven't slept, or that you are worrying about finding a new house? Could you be missing everyone who is going to camp next week? Could it be that you have a son in Iraq? Do I really need to go on or can I eat now?
About a half an hour later as we all chatted away waiting for our pie....which by the way is WHY we went out to dinner......the Reminator's phone went off.....loudly.....embarassingly so.
Everyone jumped up and ran around the table to where I was sitting. One big giant group hug.
Me: What's the deal?
Reminator: The alarm on my phone. It's the mom needs a hug alarm.
Children annoy their parents. It's their job. But sometimes, there are just moments that are so perfect.....so precious.....you just know you found BLISS.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
lovely story.... complete with the pie :-)
What great kids! I would have cried!
Thanks for coming by on my special SITS day on Tuesday!
Kids are wonderful and always know when mom needs that extra umph!
I have something for you...
Come by and pick it up =D
Oh my how so sweet...i am sorry that you have lost a beloved pet....and how sweet was that alarm going off and group huggers
"Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest"
That was very sweet and thoughtful of them! It must be nice to know they appreciate all you do :)
Hello to you,
I am a follower of your blog and Tami asked if I had met you. I don't believe I have but I am at
www.hereallalong.blogspot.com
Let me know if you ever need a blogosphere hug. Not as good as the kiddos but from one who truly understands what you are going through.
Be safe,
Lori
"mom needs a hug alarm" how amazingly thoughtful! That almost brought tears to my eyes! It sounds like you have wonderful kids.
Hi from SITS!
Post a Comment