Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ok...I Got the Dress Now What?

I bought a dress today. Stop laughing. For those of you who don't know, I work in a construction environment. Hard hats and boots. I don't think I've worn a dress since 1988. Oh there was that funeral in 2007, but that was only because nothing else was clean.

Still, I went into my favorite store today. I try to go in once a month and today I was thinking, "I need new shirts for work".

I walked by this dress. Did a double take. Looked again and went back and touched it.

Now I don't normally drool over clothes, but I've always felt that my style was more Audrey Hepburn, unfortunately....I never have a reason or opportunity to dress like her.

But that dress.

I looked for shirts, tried some on.....and still the dress called to me.

Finally I said to myself, "If they have it in my size, I'll try it on. I always wanted a dress like that and could never find one".

Now this dress is a classic cocktail dress. Rhinestones for buttons. Feels like satin.

I put it on. It looked beautiful. I'm an overweight, single mom in her later forties. Believe me when I say....I was fricken surprised.

I put the shirts back.

I thought I had about sixty dollars in my purse. I decided that I'd buy it if I could pay cash. I'm all about paying cash these days.

She rang it up as I explained that I have no place to wear this and don't even have a man in my life that I can guilt into dressing up to let me wear it.

Total $89.76. Ahem...cough...cough...ack!

I checked my wallet....well what do we have here. In another pocket, I found $50 more. Hello?

As I walked out of the store, I thought if God can make my wallet give birth to $50, He can certainly make circumstance and a man appear to take me someplace to wear it.

Where is that Fairy Godmother? I did the hard part and found the dress!

Picture one is the waist and skirt. Picture two is the collar and sleeves of the dress. It is a shimmery black like the first picture. LOVE IT. Must go buy shoes and underwear....perhaps next month.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Picture of you wearing it PLEASE!!!! It sounds wonderful!

Jeanette said...

I promise I will when I have the opportunity.

Cinder Rail'lee said...

You deserve to have it! right?! No regrets! you D E S E R V E it!