Its Thursday….must be BLISS day.Seems like no matter how much time I spend reading and studying about BLISS, I can only find time to write about it on Thursday. Interesting how it is like a forced, focus moment. Not sure what that means.
So this week I did quite a bit of research on surrendering to BLISS. While it tends to be a moment and often a noun which means it is to be possessed, it is illusive and people go long periods of time without capturing their BLISS. I think that is sad somehow.
I’ve learned this week that often BLISS is the exact opposite of stress and the two cannot occupy the same space. If that is truly the case, I may never find my BLISS as I am one very stressed out chick all the time. Granted it is usually at the hand of someone else, but still….there is no peace or rest for the weary. Ok, so how I’m feeling this week is impacting my findings on BLISS….it’s my blog….I can do what I want.
So here are some thoughts on surrendering to BLISS and keeping stress at bay. I’m not vouching for them because I’ve just been studying about it this week. Perhaps I’ll readdress after I practice what I preach a bit….or not….
1. Be willing to make a place for BLISS in your life. If you don’t want BLISS and pursuing it is out of the question, why bother trying to surrender to it. I’m telling you right now that pursuit will cause you more stress not less.
2. Life is meant to be a complete never-ending struggle. To have moments of BLISS, it takes a mindset that creates open time periods. I’m having a horrible time right now creating those time periods. Every moment seems to be an opportunity to deal with what is inside of me and quite frankly, what I’m dealing with ain’t pretty. To seek and surrender to BLISS, I have to be willing to put down that insanity and rest in the quiet.
3. Laying down the stress so that a surrendering to BLISS can occur requires changing your paradigm. Being willing to acknowledge that what you are thinking may not be accurate and more importantly to be willing to change it might need to happen. Being willing to admit that the way you are seeing the circumstances of your life may be wrong and worse…holding you back. Gasp!
4. Surrendering to BLISS means envisioning an outcome. As you forge ahead in the moment, no matter what is going on, the picture of how BLISS will present itself needs to be at the forefront of your thoughts. How will you recognize BLISS if you don’t know what you are looking for, keeping in mind that the only one who will recognize your BLISS is you.
5. Believe in miracles. If you lay down stress and surrender to BLISS, you may just get more than you could have ever dreamed possible.
6. Watch the self-talk. Nothing drives down the surrender process faster than telling yourself that you aren’t worthy. Try saying to yourself that you are worthy of BLISSful living everyday.
7. Understand that BLISS is a reward for laying down stress. You deserve to live BLISSfully.
8. Acknowledge that if you aren’t used to it, BLISS can be very unsettling. Still, it’s really not something that you want to give up on, is it? Perhaps calendaring is something that you need to do. If you have followed my story, you know I am moving. I am under a lot of stress in my living situation. The day I move, I plan to experience a releasing of stress and a surrender to BLISS. It’s on my calendar.
9. Practice BLISS time. Make living in BLISS a habit and always put it at the top of your list.
10. Use music or a special something as a trigger for BLISS. When you become overwhelmed by stress, use your trigger to remind yourself that BLISS is a state of mind. Something real that can be had. We can choose BLISS.
Letting go of stress and surrendering to BLISS....if you have some more ideas, let me know.



3 comments:
Great post and so very true. I had to learn how to do this as I truly didn't know how. After working through PTSD I was learning how to make me time even if only 15 minutes a day. It's been working well.
Hi There :)
I have been roaming around your lovely blog, enjoying your words. I wanted to thank you for following my blog. I am truly grateful. I now have a podcast for my blog, so if you ever want to submit some of your blissful words please email me. :o)
I fully agree with everything you wrote here. This 10 tips are absolutely worth reading.
I need to say that believe in miracles in my favorite one! Hope never dies... just believe in it.
Absolutely great post!
Post a Comment