Sunday, August 30, 2009

WE. ARE. HOME.

Kudos to my ex-husband. He came with his truck and moved the last three big things for me at the last minute so we could call it done. The children changed their minds about keeping a couple of items. We called. He came within five minutes.

The neighbors came to me while the children and I were packing. They offered to help me move. I laughed and blurted out, "The last thing I want is for you low-lifes to know where I live". The freakin' nerve.

They got all offended and stomped off. Stupid people.

I couldn't stand it. I wrote on the wall before I left. I don't know if anyone important will see it, but I needed to vent. I wrote the following.

Sandy - You were the worst landlord I ever had. You didn't follow through on anything that you promised. You owe me a lot of money and you have done damage by not abiding by the "rent-to-own" agreement. You have not heard the last of me. Oh, and since you've stated that my deposit is "long gone", you can clean this hell hole yourself. (ok, I realize she let it go to foreclosure, but I just wanted to say my piece)

Dan - You owe me $4,000. You have acknowledge that you owe it. If I don't come after you for it, I can promise you that karma, the universe, and God will come after you. I feel so sorry for your children. I wonder, will they grow up to be thieves like their dad or drug addicts like their mom. What a legacy you are leaving them.

Natalie - You have admitted to stealing from me and then selling my things. The deputy said there is already a warrant out for your arrest. With the additional charges I am filing, you are looking at 15 years. It may be the best thing for your children.

To All the Insane People living downstairs - Isn't it a lot of effort to go through life looking for what you can take from others? Why not just go to school, get a job, and make your own way in the world? It must be a horrible life to have to steal from everyone you encounter. I can only imagine how hard it is to trust others when you can't be trusted. What a life!

To the New Owners - Get a really good security system.

When my ex-husband was here at the new house, he said, "Are you sure this is a good neighborhood? It's just so close to the main drag through this town".

I looked at him and cocked my head. I said nothing. He then said, "Well I suppose it can't be worse than where you have been".

Tonight we are home. We have met more neighbors. There is a lovely family behind us and a lovely family to the left. The children have met the single lady who lives to the right. I've met the single mom down the street.

The family to the left is Hispanic. I have spoken to the father twice. In his very broken English, he welcomed me to the neighborhood and told me that if we have a party, we must promise to invite them. I told him that if he has a party, he has to invite us because I know how good "real" tacos are. He laughed and said he would have his wife bring us some. I told him I was holding him to that.

FooFoo Faith and I went to the store tonight. I asked her if she was worried or if she thought any of the boys were worried. She said, "Not at all, you can get us through anything Mom. Don't you remember the last time you were unemployed. We didn't have any income for months. We didn't have a car. You were falling apart because of Nyles. We got through that. We have great memories of that time. Just keep your dignity. We'll be fine".

We found the missing cat this afternoon. I was concerned about finding her, but we did so all is well.

Tonight we are home. Docster is asleep at my feet. Izzy is asleep in the chair next to me. Gracie is asleep in my bed. Annie is cuddle up with the children. Misty is asleep on the fridge (she's a tad weird). Larry the Lizard is laying under the sun lamp. The children have eaten and are watching a movie.

Our new home is complete. I. AM. SO. HAPPY.

6 comments:

KK said...

I'm so glad. And what an example you are setting for them to perservere. Good for you and I love what you wrote on the walls.

Allen said...

Jeanette,

I am glad that you wrote that stuff on the walls. It allowed you to vent, which is a good way to do it.

I am Happy that you are Happy!

Mademoiselle Deva said...

Hi Hun! I'm happy you feel happy!
I'm glad you moved out and have some piece time for you and your family!

Cinder Rail'lee said...

I'm so happy you made it HOME!

Kelly said...

Wonderful! I can literally feel your happiness!

Anonymous said...

I am happy that you are finally home. I love reading your blog! You are so REAL, and honest.

I am also a single mom who was to hell and back with an N. We too are finally home, and as always there is stress often about money, but we somehow always make it through. Just the peace of being N-free is pure bliss. I can't imagine anything worse than being in, and trying to extract yourself from that type of relationship.

Peace to you and your family.