Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Night, New House

We've moved three loads into the new house. The children decided we would be happier in the new house without beds and furniture since we don't care about "stuff". The "stuff" won't be arriving until Wednesday. Just for the record, I care about "stuff", but they were just so funny with their argument.

We did move my daughter's mattress so that I wouldn't have to sleep on the floor. Her idea...she's a good kid.

The children are so excited about the move. They just want to "get there".

As we left the old town last night, my car got egg'd. Gotta laugh. It was such a wonderful vision of how I'd felt living there.

For two years, I have mourned the loss of a man who did nothing but destroy my life and then tell me that I deserved it. I didn't deserve it and I have come to the understanding that he is disordered and will never change. He has gone onto others and I am better because of it.

For two years, I mourned the loss of my marriage. I will never be the stay-at-home mom that I wanted to be as a young woman. I will never have the PTA, baking with the kids, being loved by my husband lifestyle that I have always dreamed of and that is ok.

My BLISS is something different. It is not what I thought it would be, but it is beautiful and I will cherish every moment of it.

Two of my neighbors came by last night. One is married, in school with two children. The other is a mid-twenties single mom. We chatted for two hours while sitting on my hard living room floor.

I learned that I have another option for which school my children can go to, I wasn't thrilled with the first option. I learned where the best coffee shop is. I laughed....with my NEIGHBORS.

My children ran through this huge three story house unpacking. The neighbor children ran through the house helping them unpack. The dog running after them.

Laughter was everywhere.

Later on, my 19 yo showed up with two of his friends. The joking and laughter was coming from every room of the house.

Last night, I fell asleep exhausted. I drifted off thinking about peace and the "feel" of the new house. It was perfect.

This morning, I peeked into the den. A mass of teenager bodies surround by my children. Apparently, we had a late night slumber party. I know it happened. All the junk food is gone. I smiled.

I took a 30 minute hot shower, my first since May. It was perfect.

The garage door opener wouldn't work this morning. I smiled. If that was my biggest frustration today, I'm good.

I've already made friends with my neighbors. My children have already made friends.

A chapter in my life is closed. Heck, the whole book has been slammed shut.

BLISS, I'm so THERE!

12 comments:

Meaghan said...

So happy you are in your new home :) Enjoy ever second of it. Laughter is such a wonderful thing I hope it continues to run through your new home.

Gin said...

This move sounds like the PERFECT thing for you and your family. I am so happy for you because it sounds like you all will have bliss living there!

Jill said...

I am so happy that you have begun this new chapter of your life and it's going so well.
I hope that you have nothing but happiness in your future. I loved this post.. Loved it!

jill

Allen said...

I am so happy for you! Its funny, you moved away from an apartment to a house, Now your home, and I am moving from a house to an apartment.

We are both starting new books in our lives.

We find out tomorrow if all of our paperwork is in order for our apartment. I am so ready to move.

It sounds like you have some really cool neighbors.

glnroz said...

maybe it is your turn to "kick up your heels". go at it...and congrats

Stephanie Faris said...

Stopping by from SITS.

Your attitude is incredible. Hopefully it's contagious! I'd love to catch some of that positivity. You're starting a new life...what an exciting time for you!

Mikki Black said...

How awesome. What a wonderful welcome for you! You deserve it, and I'm so glad you got it.

KK said...

This will be a much better chapter!

M.E. said...

Congrats to you! I am sure everything will work out. (and thumbs up on the hot shower too, those little things can sure make a big difference in our day)

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic!! You deserve this happy life my dear, I love reading about it. At some point I am going to want to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to start a new book with you. Enjoy your nights in the beginning... take in each one as a daily bliss. Smell it, feel it, hear it... just enjoy!
Hugs
Tammy

Cinder Rail'lee said...

I'm so happy for you. I can see your smile through your words.. and this girlie MAKES ME HAPPY! Seeing YOU happy makes me happy!

30 minute HOT SHOWER IS BLISSSSSSS isn't it?

I LOVE THOSE HOT SHOWERS AND A GOOD LEG SHAVE LOL