Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wow! Just Wow!! Super Wow!!!

I have a really simple philosophy in my parenting.

Let your children make as many of their own decisions as they can even when it is the "wrong" one because it teaches them about consequences. Help them clean up their messes, but don't do it for them. Raise them to treat people right. And when they launch, let them go. In the meantime, try not to kill the little boogers!

My son just came "home" from Iraq. That means he is in Germany...with his wife.

I've gotten several emails asking when he'll actually "be home", when I'll get to see him and hug him. (Probably not until March 2010 at the earliest.)

I always try to explain that it's ok, because he is home with his wife where he is supposed to be. He has launched. He is happy and safe in the arms of the woman he is suppose to hold above all else. She is my daughter now and I adore her too.

Now I don't want to make it sound like this came easy for me. He is my baby and as with all things, it has been a process to let him go.

The thing is, my two adult children, both boys, never cease to amaze me at the efforts they go to so that I never forget that I'm still in their hearts no matter where they are.


"Me and Sarah just wanted to say we love you!!!
Oh..and I picked up all the seasons of
Ghost Hunters for you.
We will be sending them to you soon.
I love you mom.
Your oldest son and his wife"

Flowers, candy, and Ghost Hunters! The kid knows me well!! I've said it a hundred times, but really need to say it again....I have the most loving, wonderful children in the world. The best!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am crying. That is so precious!! You are such a great Mommy!!! What a wonderful surprise!

Anonymous said...

I sometimes wonder if my children will be ok, me being a single mom and the struggles we have gone through. Them not always being able to have what everyone else does. In my heart I know they will be better people for it, and there is always plenty of love to go around. You are also a testament for that.

Jen said...

That is wonderful! The flowers are beautiful! You deserve them! You raised your son well!!

Gin said...

Oh this is beautiful! What outstanding children you have raised! Enjoy Mom! You deserve it! You've done a great job with them!

Anonymous said...

OH JEANETTE... now see.. you were feeling a tad blue the other day and then comes your first born.... WONDERFUL boy you have. I would save those beyond and place them in wax paper and stuff in your bible or jewlery box. sweet boy... just sweet... hugs from your cyber auntie!!

Hugs J,
Tammy

KK said...

You are blessed!

Enigma said...

You are blessed indeed!! What a beautiful, thoughtful gift!

Magaly Guerrero said...

I'm so happy for you. And your son will be in my prayers for future endeavors, but with such a mom, I just know he'll be okay. Good energy attracts the same.

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog earlier. It made me really happy, I love seeing understanding across the plane of religious culture; that is what Eclecticism is all about.

By the way, I'm going on a date with a nice Jewish boy tonight--don't ask me how that happened lol. Any advice? We both know about our religious inclinations and still want to give it a go... I know that he is very open minded, but I'm a bit concern about his family. Any thoughts?

Jeanette said...

Magaly -

I say give it a go. My dad was Jewish and my mom was Christian. They were married almost 50 years until death.

If there is understanding, it's all good!

Jeanette

Magaly Guerrero said...

Well, I just came back to tell you that it went great. We even discussed religion, which it is very important for me, even if some believe that it is not polite conversation when first start dating. I'm hopeful ;)