Friday, October 16, 2009

Today's the Day...or was the day.

Last night, I ate fajitas until I thought I was going to burst. My 13yo daughter is such a good cook. I didn't open the bottle of wine because I forgot and instead of chocolate, I had three diet Popsicles. Hey they were diet.

So today is October 23....which means.....

sitting in front of me is a ticket to Rome.

I should be on a plane.

Right now.

Flying to Rome.

I told my daughter last night that it was time. Time for something good.....and lasting. She said, "Good luck with that".

The ticket is non-refundable and to change it would cost more than the ticket originally cost.

Kids are with their dad tonight.

I'm ordering in. Opening the wine. Burning the ticket. I also just bought the new Oprah magazine just because the biggest words on it said, "Who Are You Meant to Be?"

Yeah, that oughta work.

(Edited to say that I just found out it's the 16th, so I'm a week off. That happens when you don't really do anything all day. Still, I'm going to have my ticket burning tonight. Just feels right.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why YOU of course!! That is who your meant to be. Enjoy the burning of the ticket. It just means you've altered the plans for something better yet unseen. My son loves to cook for us as well and he is a darn good cook let me tell you. I so enjoy it when he comes by and treats us to his newest "you should try this" dish. Hugs my friend. Tammy