Hummm, this came out of MM's little nine year old mouth the other day. He was telling me a story about how he had tried something at school and it hadn't gone well. His answer to the problem was, "Oh well, practice makes progress".
How simple and in it's simplicity, how much progress can be made! I truly believe it's in the baby steps of life that we cover the most ground. Although, to be honest, when we are moving in the baby steps, we often don't feel like we are moving forward at all. I know that for me, it can be frustrating and appallingly disappointing.
I am considering making another run at losing weight. The one time in my life that I focused on actually losing weight in a committed way, I lost seventy pounds and kept fifty of it off. That was more than three years ago.
Why, having been so successful at it, don't I go for the gusto and take care of the rest. Perhaps because the baby steps took too friggen long and I didn't seem to grasp that Practice Makes Progress.
Perhaps, I need to knock it off and just do it. Perhaps, I should stop getting up at 3 am and blogging in a way that I slap myself.
Practice Makes Progress. If only we could put our adult minds away and think as a child.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment