Wednesday, February 11, 2009

More New Year Ponderings

Originally posted 12/5/08

The new year is coming. I can feel the anticipation building. I want this to be the year that I really discover myself. I've spent over a year now mourning. Time to awaken.

This year has gone by so fast. No more anniversaries of him. No more celebrations of the past. Time now to look forward.

I want new friends. I now have a job where I am stable and happy. I have a home for my children and food in the cupboard. I've got a car that fits my family. Amazing how this year has ended. I did it all by myself. I just realized this in this moment. There is joy and celebration in that realization. I am proud of myself.

Now onward in preparation for the new year. What does it hold? What new things will I learn? What new experiences will I have? What new joys will I find?

The anticipation of a new year. How fabulous is that!

No comments: