Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hello!!! I'm Only One Person Here

Work is insane right now. I was allowed to hire an assistant last December. She's so good the Pres of the company began to use her almost instantly to the point that she never was able to even learn what I needed her to do, much less actually begin doing it.

Part of me is so proud of her. She has learned an incredible amount in a short time. Very cool! She is out of her box and is thriving in an environment that would kill most people. This is a construction company after all. We can both attest to the fact that the "Good Ol' Boy Club" is alive and well.

Still, last night my boss once again gave me another massive project which sent me right over the edge. I'm already working between 50 and 60 hours each week. When I mentioned this, he said, "Well, you have an assistant". Ahem...hello...let's review.

I know I'll get it all done. Still, I'm out of balance and I'm feeling it. I'm tired and my allergies have kicked in. I'm not sleeping or eating properly.

This would be when I would do something stupid to make me feel better; get involved with the wrong person, go on an unplanned trip, spend money that I don't have.

I want to do something different. Do something different....get different results.

That's my plan. I'm going to sit and do nothing in my head and in my heart. I'm looking forward to Italy in October. Until then....nothing.

This changing and becoming who I am seems to have hit a spot where the "practical" needs to be implemented. The philosophical is just a bunch of whooie if I don't actually test my theory right? Interesting development.

2 comments:

Echo Location said...

I admire your resolve.

Time to start to meditate a little bit? I'm loving it, and the results come quickly. Free and healthy!

Jenni said...

two things I've tried recently (following days like this) are yoga & coloring.

I told myself, "ok, try some yoga first, & if you're still jonesing for some potentially self-destructive immediate gratification afterwards, you can do it then."

But after getting my "om" on and then taking a shower... I'd sort of moved on to other things. Another night I colored with my son - which means he threw the crayons around and I used whatever colors I could reach. It might work the same way with your dog. :)