My Lupus has been in remission for almost two years. It usually only flares up when I'm under extreme duress. It is always a clear sign that I am out of balance.
During a flare, every joint in my body hurts and I've got swelling. My knees and knuckles look pretty bad. It sucks.
Lupus is an autoimmune disease where anti-bodies attack the good cells that make up the body. For me...it's the joints. It's other organs as well, but for me I feel it in my joints.
There is no cure and it is managed by keeping stress to a minimum, diet and exercise.
Ahem.....I'm pretty sure I'm getting a failing grade on this test.
I know that I need to modify my diet and get more exercise. I was doing pretty well on the stress o'meter until about two weeks ago.
Didn't help that someone came to work with a viral infection that was residing in his joints according to his doctor. No big deal he said. I knew as soon as he breathed on me that I would be toast with in a matter of days. For the record, auto-immune diseases and viral infections DO NOT MIX.
I suppose this is just a vent. I need to get motivated to change my lifestyle before it's too late.
I suppose this is my body crying out for help. Time to stop ignoring it.
During a flare, every joint in my body hurts and I've got swelling. My knees and knuckles look pretty bad. It sucks.
Lupus is an autoimmune disease where anti-bodies attack the good cells that make up the body. For me...it's the joints. It's other organs as well, but for me I feel it in my joints.
There is no cure and it is managed by keeping stress to a minimum, diet and exercise.
Ahem.....I'm pretty sure I'm getting a failing grade on this test.
I know that I need to modify my diet and get more exercise. I was doing pretty well on the stress o'meter until about two weeks ago.
Didn't help that someone came to work with a viral infection that was residing in his joints according to his doctor. No big deal he said. I knew as soon as he breathed on me that I would be toast with in a matter of days. For the record, auto-immune diseases and viral infections DO NOT MIX.
I suppose this is just a vent. I need to get motivated to change my lifestyle before it's too late.
I suppose this is my body crying out for help. Time to stop ignoring it.



1 comment:
Thinking of you, Jeanette. x
Post a Comment