Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Twas the Night Before School

Twas the night before school time and all through the house
The creatures were sturring and moving about.

The children were driving their mother insane,
Could this day really last cause it's been such a pain.

Haircuts for all and two for Max.
His first didn't look right with his new backpack.

Poor Sam couldn't find a backpack that would work,
Sew it mom, sew the old one, it's ok with the dirt.

Faith tried on outfits and much to her horror.
She didn't have one that would do from the store.

What do you think? Is this one a ten?
It's the first day of school, my clothes must be zen!

Time for make up, do her hair so that practice she could.
Help me mom! Help me mom! Help me mom! There I stood.

Off to school for a social, ice cream for all.
New teachers, new school, is this the right hall?

Max talked with his teacher, shared all his issues.
Deer in headlights, poor woman, here take a tissue.

Showers for everyone, wash your hair, brush your teeth.
Time for bed, are you ready? Please don't give me grief.

Soon more than quiet will fill this house,
On the eve of the new year, so please don't grouse.

The dark desends, but mom I can't find mine.
Oh for gawd's sake, please, I need some wine.

And now we anticipate the chaos of morning,
Sorry, I needed to be a bit corny.

Geesch, I need a job.....and I'm serious about the glass of wine.

15 comments:

Allen said...

oh my what a poem. hehe I agree you need a job.hehe

Bridgette said...

Cute poem!

Dropping in from SITS!

Dumb Mom said...

I love funny poems. Stopped by from SITS to say hi. Hope the first day is awesome!

Gin said...

Oh that was great! And SPOT ON!
:-)

The Grown-Up Child said...

Love that poem! My son starts senior kindergarten tomorrow, so I'll be thinking about this all night ;)

I notice you have a son in Iraq. My brother is doing a tour in Afganistan with the Air Force. I'll be thinking about your son.

Over from SITS! I think I'm your newest follower!

glnroz said...

I miss the night before the first day of school. That was refreshing.

GFS said...

I'm drinking a glass of wine for your right now! LOL

visiting from SITS

Smart Mouth Broad said...

That was awesome, Jeanette

Anonymous said...

What a perfect poem! A+. The night before the first day of school is like the night before Macy's opens for Christmas season! Except fun toys and gifts, I just have a bunch of back to school supplies!

Also, I just wanted to say thank you-your son's service to our country makes it safer for my family. I have 3 sons interested in serving. You son has helped give them security and freedom! You have to be one brave, strong lady, too!

Be blessed today:)

Unknown said...

cute!

just stopping by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same.

Anonymous said...

Aren't they just swell.... *insert finger into dimpled cheek and respond with sarcastic.... SUUUURRRE. :)

Thank you for coming by and lending your support to my blog. It's been a battle for a few weeks but i'm set in stone, i'm not moving. Those who bring hardship will simply be ignored.

How are you holding up? Doing okay? I hope so. Hugs. Tammy

Krissy said...

Haha! Love the creativity!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome poem!

My favorite- Max talked with his teacher, shared all his issues.
Deer in headlights, poor woman, here take a tissue.

-John

J Mac said...

Cute poem!
just stopping by from SITS to wish you a great weekend!!

Encore Bride said...

Fund your blog through SITS, I've ben divorced for 8 and as you can imagine I have some stories to tell. I just wanted to tell you to keep your faith, keep your head up and trust that everything will be fine. I've been in situations where I didn't know what tomorrow was going to bring but I never blamed anyone or God, I always trusted that I was going to come out of this live and stronger and I have. Needless to say after 8 years I've found the man I always prayed for...too bad is preparing to head to Afghanistan as I type this. But that's ok, that's just another "character test". I wish you the best and all your hearts desires.

Brenda