Jamie_Ridler_Studios is hosting a book club featuring The Joy Diet by Martha Beck. It's not too late to join us. Here are my journaled thoughts after the first week...
Life is so calm these days. I've started to wonder if I'm living a delusion. The house is constantly filled with laughter, love, and food. It's as if we lack nothing at all. Still, reality is we have no income and now no car. It seems insane to me that I am not angst ridden and worrying. I suspect that most people would be driven quite crazy at this point.
Here I am. In the quiet. In the stillness. With peace in my heart and a smile on my face.
The first chapter of the book was to learn to do nothing.
Nothing, or the doing of nothing, was something I thought I would have trouble with, but then I realized I am blessed with the ability to do nothing and like it.
With a little effort I can quiet my mind and listen to that still small voice inside of me.
My problem is that I don't hardly ever obey it even when I know I should be. I'm hoping I move towards that ability.
As I strive for more joy and creativity in my life, I'm hoping that I will learn to listen to that still voice and then obey the thoughts that it conveys.
On to the next chapter....TRUTH.



5 comments:
You have the tools...you know how to quiet your mind and listen to your still voice...now it's just about making yourself a priority to do just that 15 minutes every day. After all, you are worth it, aren't you!!!
Looking forward to seeing where our week with truth takes us.
so much joy can come from nothing. don't give up! looking forward to sharing the truth with you :)
Oh dear, I do a lot of nothing. I'd probably need to skip that chapter :)
thanks for sharing your week. Good to see you found and enjoyed your nothingness!
interesting concept,,lol. I do seem to feel it in your posting.
Post a Comment