From my friend Sarah.....looks forward to when facebook, youtube and twitter merge to become youtwitface.
My daughter has a new cell phone. In the first four hours she had sent over 200 text messages (that is sent mind you and she has already cleared it twice), which begs to ask....should I be preparing for some kind of physical therapy for her thumbs?
Our conversation went like this....
Me: Why don't you turn it off?
Her: Because I'm having conversations.
Me: I have no one to text. So sad. You know I could start Twittering, I have an account.
Her: Why would you want to do that, it's dumb? "I'm eating now". That's so stupid, no one cares.
Me: Why would you constantly text then?
Her: Texting is a conversation. It is a back and forth conversation. Twitter is your whole life on the internet and no one cares, really mom.
Me: Why don't you just call people?
Her: Mom, that is so 2000. No one just calls unless it's your mother or someone who doesn't have a cell phone or someone else who just doesn't know what they are doing.
Me: I think texting is a waste of thumb movement.
Her: And blogging isn't? You waste all your fingers blogging. So let's go play Tetris cause no one is texting me.
Alrighty then....this conversation is over. And for the record, I'd prefer a phone call any day. Too funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
youtwitface is awesome!
My son and daughter are texting hounds too! I had them on a plan where they were limited to 250 texts between them. My son knew this, but he doesn't keep track. He went over by $380s worth of texts that month. We took away his texting privileges for a month and then paid the extra so they could have unlimited texting. Wow! What a wake up call! He'd rather cut a conversation really short with just a quick reply rather than have a real conversation with someone. I guess that makes things easy sometimes...
Post a Comment