Thursday, September 3, 2009

Things Heard at My House This Week

Normally a Friday fun thing, but I've got so much this week....it's spilling back onto Thursday.

FooFoo Faith: Boys love blonds, but real men love brunettes.
Me: I know a few blonds who might disagree with you.

Mighty Max: You can just feel the good energy flowing through this house. I can feel it in me.
SuperSam: That sounds like something Jackie Chan would say.
Me: Huh?
SuperSam: We weren't talking to you.

FooFoo Faith: I need a better hair straightener. The one I have now leaves my hair with a poof.
Me: It's so hard to be 13 years old, a trauma really when your hair has a poof.
Her: YES IT IS!!!! Big name colleges have done studies that say the worst, most traumatizing age for a girl is between 13 and 16. I'm just getting started with the most horrible time of my life.
Me: Oh brother, I've lived a lot longer than you have and I can guarantee that 13 to 16 ain't it.
Her: Ok then, what's the worst?
Me: Well, 48 is sucking a bit right now.

Me: You are so cute. So many girls are going to want to kiss your face.
SuperSam: Not until I'm 16 then I'll start dating. I've already had two girls ask me on a date. I just tell them, "Sorry, you have to wait until I'm sixteen".
Me: Do these girls know you are only 10?
Him: They were in my class so they are 10 too.
Me: Why did they want to go on a date?
Him: I DO NOT KNOW! They just came up and asked me.
Me: Should I call their mothers?
Him: Please DO NOT embarrass me.

As we talked about her new school.....
Me: I'm excited for you. There were so many kids there with different dress on, so many different countries and cultures. It will be good for you to be in this school.
FooFoo Faith: I want to be in my vanilla school with my vanilla friends because I'm vanilla.
Me: Time to stretch, time to grow. Bwahahahahaha!
FooFoo Faith: (Groan) Time to go put this on your blog. You are such a blogger mother.

Reminator to friends as they entered the house: Be careful what you say. Anything you say could end up on my mom's blog.

6 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee said...

heh heh everything my kids say always ends up on my blog.. LOL

Anonymous said...

Bwaaaah Power to the blogging mothers!! I wish I had this when my kids were living at home. Geez, woke up a day late on that one. :) Hugs. Tammy

Kelly said...

Well, 13-16 was a pretty horrific time. Thankfully, it was so long ago for me, I hardly remember it!

"You are such a blogger mother." CLASSIC!

KK said...

Too funny. At 10 and 13 we knew it all.

Mademoiselle Deva said...

I gave you an award. Hope you don't mind:) Have a great day Hun!

Jenni said...

I'm loving that in the midst of everything else going on you capture these goodies to share with us!