I've realized that being unemployed, quite frankly, means every day looks the same. I turned to my daughter this afternoon and said, "I want to go to work tomorrow". She sweetly said, "I know mom" and then patted my shoulder.
Ironically, I went into the DSHS office on Friday to see what I would be eligible for should the need arise. I want to be proactive so I don't hit desperate. I can put my pride away if it means my children get what they need, still I hate it just the same.
What an eye-opener! People of all walks of life there. The ones I couldn't take my eyes off of were the multi-generational families. Grandma checking on her medical, mom checking on her food stamps, and the children swinging from the light fixtures.
I've never been a welfare mom ever. Yes I have five children. Yes I have four still at home. I've always been able to work and support them. I've never gone a whole week where I couldn't get at least a "Sure come on in next week and we'll talk".
I got nothing next week. It scared me. I've spent this weekend planning meals, unpacking, enjoying the house. This weekend passed as any other day. Nothing special. Not sure if I'm sad about that, it is just different.
I have decided that I will not job hunt on the weekends. Weekends are for my family and peace of mind. Tomorrow, I begin again. I already have five resumes that need to go out.
I wish I was going to work tomorrow.
Monday, September 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Praying that this will be your week! I agree weekends should be for your family!! Hang in there friend!!
Jen
I wish you were going to work tomorrow and I'll be praying you do soon!
That is the healthiest thing you've said.... your weekends are you and the kids. Keep it that way no matter what happens.
I wish you nothing but Prayers, Friendship, Strength and a few moments of calm at the end of every day. Hugs. Tammy
As you know, I am getting ready to move too. I am also going to have find a job too. I understand your frustration.
I like your idea of taking the weekends off.
I will have to try that.
Good luck Jeanette!
Like they say "tie a knot and hang on". I've been a single mom for 11 years, and have also never been a welfare mom. Money has always been a worry for me, but I always have hope. I am in a house that I truly can't afford, but it means a lot to my children and I. Suze Orman would probably tell me to sell it, but I will hang onto it for dear life.
God brought you to this home, so He will provide a way. My hugs and prayers go out to you. When that job comes your way, it will be what you've been looking for, and it will be a good fit!
Keep it simple and you'll be ok... and I agree that proactive is better than reactive.
You had mentioned something about your former employers... I hope that things are getting resolved in your favor.
I know you will find something. Keep at it girl. It WILL happen!
Goodmorning special lady... I see you found the link. By all means do your list. We need to keep talking until we can find better care!! Some of us have advanced lupus and we need the help with meds, talking to educate, better testing etc... the demands go on. I can't wait to read your list. Hugs. Tammy
I know it sucks!!! I exactly know how you feel right now! and it does suck!
I have an interview on Friday! so please, please! fingerss crossed!
Post a Comment