Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Wave

Sometimes unhappiness overtakes me. Sometimes I see it on the horizon like a wave. Far off.

I know it is coming. I can see it swelling on the horizon.

I take a deep breath and prepare.

Years ago, I learned that I can't keep it from coming. There is no way to change the fact that the wave is going to hit me.

Years ago, I learned that if I just relax and let the wave roll over me, eventually I come up for air again.

Eventually the sun will hit my face.

Eventually the sweet air and the birds singing will begin again.

This week started with a death. I am also missing people in my past that don't deserve it. I am having trouble concentrating on life. I am feeling sorry for myself. A wave has hit me.

I am deep...Relaxing.....Holding my breath.....Looking up....It's just a matter of time till a break through.

No comments: