Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Son


This is a picture of my son in Iraq before he received his Purple Heart. When a person is injured in a combat zone, they receive a Purple Heart medal as an honor. My son received his in 2005.

This is where my son was riding when an I.E.D. or hidden bomb went off next to his vehicle causing a head injury.

The officer that called said that when he woke up from his coma, the first thing he said was, "Please don't send me home, my guys need me".

This is my son. He is the product of a family grown on five generations of Marines. My son and one of his cousins are the fifth generation. My son spent four years serving his country as a Marine....until he was injured. He went back in and now serves in the Army.

When he was home on leave from Iraq this time, he announced that he intended to be a lifer, being in the military will be his career. Not like he went into the family business or anything. While I am so proud of him, I burst sometimes....still there are times what could be and what could happen wash over me.

I'm sharing this website. I do hope you will go there for no other reason than to honor those that have served with my son, those that will never go home to the mothers that love them so much.



This is my son.....and I miss him tonight.

2 comments:

Echo Location said...

Beautiful boy. Bless him. :)

Anonymous said...

You have so much to be proud of. He is an amazing man. Please thank him for protecting our country.