Ok.....so my diet lasted almost two days. I was feeling less bloated and cranky and then we had the great shoe incident of 2009 which put me over the edge and down the ravine and there you go....the diet was toast.
Although I keep reminding myself that this was a lifestyle change. Harrumph.
MM couldn't find his shoes yesterday morning. He and his brothers, RR and SS tore the house up looking for them. Nothing like a frantic phone call from his eighteen year old brother worried about him being late to school.
Actually it was about 64 phone calls in the first two hours of my work day, but I digress.
In frustration, I finally said....just let him stay home.
After work, we went to pick up shoes and that was my excuse to get McDonald's (which is a food source that is straight from the bowels of hell I'm sure).
It was at that point that I shoved a quarter pounder meal into my mouth.
Ok, deep breath. This morning as I drove to work, I pondered. It's amazing how much I ponder and have often been accused of pondering too much, but there I was doing it again.
When are the times in my life that I've really lost weight and kept it off? Only one time that I can remember and that was when I lost seventy pounds.
I hate cooking so the minutia of recipes is daunting for me. This new diet has recipes and I hate that fact after only two days.
Ok, so what was life like when I lost weight and kept it off. Well for one thing, I didn't obsess over food. No recipes, counting hours so that I don't go too long without food, or the dreaded calorie book.
I made sure I got enough water. I exercised every day. I tried really hard to listen to my body and stop eating when I was full. That was it. That was all that I did.
I think I will try that again,because I do not have the brain power to plan with the detail needed to be on this program and I find myself looking for excuses to run off with myself. Perhaps it is just an excuse. I'll ponder that one tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I am thin. Too thin. Therapist says I am so full of sad that I can't feed myself as well. Kind of punishing, or something. Who knows? I do *love* food, until I am sad.
Anyhow, if I had extra weight I wouldn't do any programme (UK spelling ;-)) I would eat simple things like a bit of chicken cooked in the oven in a bit of foil, some brown rice and heaps of veggies, or some white fish and white rice and peppers and tomatoes and garlic, that sort of thing. Don't count stuff. Simple, plain, basic, no additive food. Delicious with some spices! I promise!
I hate cooking too and would only ever do simple stuff, but it can be so tasty. The sugar craving will subside after about 3 weeks. That bit's hard. I know because I had ME (fibro in US?) for 5 yrs and did an anti-candida diet.
Just drop the fat and sugar as much as you can, but don't deny yourself ANY treat. Once a week maybe? Something really, really naughty like a cream cake. But once a week only.
This is an essay! Food, and not being a slave to it, is a bit of a passion of mine. You can eat healthily and tastily with a minimum of fuss and cooking. I'll shut up now. :D If you like, don't post this comment; it's too long. I won't mind, lol.
Post a Comment