Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What a Good Day!

I am walking zombie woman tonight. ALWAYS a good sign.

My crazy boss, whom I think is the greatest, took all the admin folks to lunch today. I got drafted to go because he has the interpersonal skills of a slug on caffine. It was great. I had so much fun with these women.

My boss sent me flowers today as a thank you. What a great surprise.

I also got the opportunity to reach out to a friend who was hurting. While she gave lip service that she was "getting it", I'm not entirely sure she did. Still, I don't believe it was time wasted.

Another friend reached out to me because she knew I was stretching myself thin today. How thoughtfully unexpected was that!

My children were loving and huggable....those moments seem to be coming with less and less frequency. They still took the time to be with their mom.

Today, I was an employee, a boss, a friend, a mom. As each hat went on and came off, the day flowed beautifully. I like days like this. I'm so thankful.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

What a good place you're in! I hope it lasts all week and into the weekend and... happily ever after.... you've earned it. :)