Thursday, April 30, 2009

Drama

Why do people pursue drama in their relationships? I hear people say all the time, I don't want to be with anyone that brings drama into my life, but then they turn around and bring so much drama into their own life.

I got caught up in someone else's drama. A man who had given me a big demonstrative speech about how he didn't want drama in his life....he wouldn't stand for it.

If I had known what I was dealing with, I would have never "gone there", but I didn't and...well...here I am again, dealing with the fall out.

I've cried again today. I've been angry. I have a headache. All because someone else decided that drama was a cool thing to create in my life.

Someone shared the following on a site that I frequent...

If this crap head of a man doesn't move earth, the sun and the moon to be with you, then f**k him because YOU are that valuable. Any man who expects to be a part of your life should make your life not only happier but EASIER. It should be part of his desires to make you happy and I don't mean in the high drama, rollercoaster way, I mean happy, content in your own skin. This by the way, applies to ALL of us. Repeat this over and over: "My one requirement in my relationship with a man is that his presence makes my life EASIER as well as HAPPIER." You, in return, give the gift of YOU to him. You exude love and compassion and this is a gift in and of itself to those around you.
Ok, I get that. Boy do I get that. But is there a man on the planet that gets it? I mean there must be!

I've done almost two years of working on myself. I've been so introspective, I do believe I've turned myself inside out. Geesch, my baggage now resides in a makeup sized carry on already. I have taken the time to figure out what I want and what I can offer.

I'm ready for a nice, normal, drama free relationship with a man who is.....NORMAL.

So I'm screaming it out to God, the Cosmos, Karma, and anything else out there....I'm ready. Bring it already will ya!



1 comment:

Echo Location said...

Jeanette, thanks for commenting on my blog. I'll be following how you progress with interest.

I am an over-40 too. Nearer 50!

You've done a lot of work and I see you're ready for the new r/s. There ARE good men out there and I believe that once you're as whole as you can be, one will be irresistably drawn to you. Keep on believing that you deserve it!