
"Hope is a belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances in one's life. Hope is the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best".
So that's the Wikipedia definition of hope. Who knew?
Someone said to me today, "You are the walking, talking poster child for hope".
Seriously, I think that person is INSANE. I have no hope about anything, I don't hope that things can get any better, and I don't believe that hope is anything but false.
I'd like to have hope for something. I just don't. Perhaps it's because I don't quite know what hope is.
I live my life in such a way that I'm just trying to make the best of what I've got and working as hard as I can to make things better if I'm able. I don't see hope in that at all.
Would I like to be with someone who absolutely adores me?
So that's the Wikipedia definition of hope. Who knew?
Someone said to me today, "You are the walking, talking poster child for hope".
Seriously, I think that person is INSANE. I have no hope about anything, I don't hope that things can get any better, and I don't believe that hope is anything but false.
I'd like to have hope for something. I just don't. Perhaps it's because I don't quite know what hope is.
I live my life in such a way that I'm just trying to make the best of what I've got and working as hard as I can to make things better if I'm able. I don't see hope in that at all.
Would I like to be with someone who absolutely adores me?
Yes, YES, Yes.
Do I hope for it?
Do I hope for it?
No, No, No.
It will happen if it happens when it happens and not one minute before. I don't intend to just drift through life hoping. When I die, if the thought crosses my mind, "Gee, I wish someone would have loved me to the moon", I'd like to be able to counter that sad thought with, "But look at all the cool things that did happen".
If I live in hope, isn't that in a sense, putting life on hold until something happens when all around me things are already happening. If I live on hope, might I miss what is really happening because I'm focusing too much on what might happen.
Of course this could all be the result of that crappy beef stroganoff I had for dinner and the fact that I fell asleep on the sofa at 7:30 pm.
Poster child for hope....hrumph. Now that I've napped, I hope I get some sleep tonight.
It will happen if it happens when it happens and not one minute before. I don't intend to just drift through life hoping. When I die, if the thought crosses my mind, "Gee, I wish someone would have loved me to the moon", I'd like to be able to counter that sad thought with, "But look at all the cool things that did happen".
If I live in hope, isn't that in a sense, putting life on hold until something happens when all around me things are already happening. If I live on hope, might I miss what is really happening because I'm focusing too much on what might happen.
Of course this could all be the result of that crappy beef stroganoff I had for dinner and the fact that I fell asleep on the sofa at 7:30 pm.
Poster child for hope....hrumph. Now that I've napped, I hope I get some sleep tonight.



No comments:
Post a Comment